Careers At NAHGA
If you’re organized, like being part of a close-knit team, and enjoy talking to people, you may have what it takes for a successful career at NAHGA. In return, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and benefits working for a family-owned company, in a picturesque part of New England.
LOCATION: BRIDGTON, ME
If you are a professional who is eager to be part of an organization that values the employee experience, offers superior client service, and commits to giving back to and connecting with our communities, then we have a great opportunity for you in our Bridgton, ME office.
The Bookkeeper position is responsible for maintaining the financial records of the company by accurately recording the day-to-day financial transactions of the company. See the specific job functions and required experience below:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices, external reports, etc.
- Allocate and post financial transactions to detail subsidiary documentation and general ledger
- Reconcile and balance accounts
- Collate account data and generate financial reports
- Maintain internal controls
- Prepare checks and bank deposits
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements
- Alert the Team Supervisor of any adverse or negative interactions with any person calling NAHGA
- Perform other administrative tasks as requested by the Team Supervisor (i.e. cashed check look ups, USPS tracking requests, Fed Ex, or certified mail) in a timely manner
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required; an Associate's Degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of proven bookkeeping experience, working in a professional office/business environment.
- Knowledge/Skills Required: Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable records; proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting records; data entry skills; hands-on experience with Excel and accounting software(s); customer service orientation; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- To Apply: Send your resume to: CAREERS@NAHGACLAIMS.COM; List "BOOKKEEPING" in the subject line.